sunset chevron

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Crafty Crafty

 

While Andrew was hunting I went to get an eye exam (they’re always so awkward) in Kaysville.  My mom and I decided to make some cards with the washi tape I bought a little while ago.  If you’ve never heard of washi tape it is pretty much one of the coolest things ever.  It’s decorative tape that sticky, but it’s really easy to remove from things too.  Here is a picture of some of the cards we made. 

washi cards  Sorry the picture is blurry, my phone doesn’t take the best pictures. But they turned out really cute and they’re fun to make (and easy!).

 

Yesterday Andrew’s sister, CarolAnn, and I went to a boutique and saw these really cute Halloween shadow boxes.  We really wanted one, but CarolAnn suggested that we could make them.  So after leaving the boutique and grabbing some lunch with Andrew’s mom and Sammy’s (yum!) we ran to Hobby Lobby and made some shadow box Halloween decorations! 

Halloween craft

Halloween craft 2

We have these two older chairs that are really good sturdy chairs, but they didn’t match the chairs have now around my table.  So I decided to refinish the old ones to match the new ones!  I had no idea the work that goes into refinishing something.  It’s a lot of work, especially trying to sand down the chairs all the way.  But I was really happy with the results!!  It was a lot of fun too.  We went to Andrew’s parents house and worked on our projects (Andrew is making us a log bed! Yay!! I am so excited for it to be done, it looks so nice!)  So we both got to work sanding chairs and logs haha.

chair 3

Sage 1 (sanding)

chair 4

Stage 2 (Spray painting)

chairs 2

Stage 3 (staining)

chairs

Finished!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment