sunset chevron

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A little about us

Andrew and I met in a class at BYU. He was my TA for vegetation measurements (yeah you read that right, vegetation measurements...one of the most exciting classes in the major hahaha not.) I thought he was pretty good lookin from the beginning, but I was so nervous to talk to him...so I just creepily stared from afar. I tried asking him questions when we were out measuring the vegetation but his response was always, "I don't know...go ask the other ta..." I figured he just wasn't interested. Plus he always wore these stinkin' sun glasses, so I could never tell if he was looking at me or not...that didn't help me out at all.

Then to make matter worse this one time we were at a river taking measurements. This part of the class we were required to wear waiters while walking in the river. For those of you who don't know what waiters are, they are this great looking overall things with attached boots made of rubber (so they are really attractive). Well we were getting out of the river and I decided to just climb up the bank when I was in waist high water. Well, my friend helped pull me out and while I was coming out of the water it all splashed up and into my waiters so now it looked like a peed my pants. I was so embarrassed, but when I looked up Andrew was standing right there....just laughing!! At this point I just wanted to bury myself under a rock.

So after all these great encounters I decided that my chances of ever going out with him were pretty slim. But having the great friends and family that I have, they convinced me to just add as a friend on facebook. So that's what I did...and it took him three weeks to confirm my friend request because he was off hunting an elk in colorado, and he gets on facebook about 5 times a year. I didn't know any of this, so I was really convinced this time that he was not interested.

BUT eventually he did add me on facebook and asked me out (Happy Day!). I would later find out that he really wanted to ask me out and was going to add me on facebook as soon as he got back. I was really excited when he asked me out.

For our first date we were going to go dinner and a movie, but he's a graduate student as BYU in the same major as I am (which is Wildlife and Wildlands Conservation). Another graduate student needed him to pick up an otter that they trapped in Idaho or something and bring back here to be released in the Provo River. So we went and picked up an otter and bought some fish for it to eat, then moved it from it's carrying case to it's cage. I was in HEAVEN the whole time we were doing this! It was so awesome to see a live otter that close! I would have stayed and watched the otter all night! Then we went to Tucanos and saw a movie.

Then we went on a lot more dates like horse back riding, four-wheeling, the party barn, movies, tin foil dinners in the canyon, went looking for deer/elk.

This summer I worked at a place called Lytle Ranch in the very bottom corner of Utah, in the middle of the Mojave Desert tracking quail and trapping rodents. Andrew was working on his grad work, so he was out all the time putting up cameras at guzzlers and taking them down. I saw him like once every two weeks the whole summer, off and on. A few times he came down to the Ranch and stayed because he was down there putting up cameras. It was really hard being away from him, but it really made me realize how much I always wanted to be with him. So a little while after I came home from my summer job we got engaged!

He proposed to me by taking me on a scavenger hunt to some of the places we went on dates, that we both really liked. I started off asking the worker at Tucanos for a clue, then we went to places up the canyon and found more clues. Some places we went were Salamander Flats, Andrew's favorite spot to camp, the first placed we kissed, hikes we went on, etc. Then we ended up at Silver Lake Flats up American Fork Canyon. We took a four-wheeler up to the lake then had to blow up a little raft. We went out on the lake and I had to find a fishing bobber. Once I found it I pulled up the long fishing line that was attached to it and there was another bobber that had weights attached to it. Inside this bobber was a not that said will you marry me. I said yes of course and life has been amazing ever since!! It was so pretty on the lake because it was right at sunset.

We got married on November 19th of this year and went to Mexico on our honeymoon, but I'll talk about that later.

Pretty much I married my best friend and I am so excited to start our life together!! We enjoy a lot of the same things, so we always have a blast together no matter what we're doing.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! When you are typing a new post you should have an icon that is an add image icon that will let you access the pictures you have on your computer. Good Luck. I love this way of keeping in touch. Have you seen Jenni's blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your blog! You make me laugh when you said you're too busy for punctuation! Can't wait for some wedding and honeymoon pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray you have a blog! Love you!

    ReplyDelete