sunset chevron

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Honeymoon in Mexico!!!

 

For our honeymoon Andrew took me to Mexico on a cruise!!  It was so much fun!  I had never been on a cruise before, so I was really excited!  We flew to California and got on the cruise boat in LA.  We did a carnival cruise, and the ship was GIANORMOUS!!  I have never seen a ship that big, let alone got on a ship that big…good thing we were running to make it in time to board (b/c it took an hour for our luggage to come out!) otherwise I might have convinced myself not to get on.  Luckily the baggage issue was just a blessing in disguise (at least that’s what I tell myself) because we walked right on and went straight to our room.  We didn’t have to wait in line for three hours to get on the ship,  it took us about five minutes to get on board!

                            DSCN2676

Here is a picture of our cruise ship!

On the ship every night they would leave us a new “towel animal”.  It was a highlight of my day, not going to lie…so of course I had to take a picture of all of them!  Here are just a few…

CIMG2060

A Seal

CIMG2066

An Elephant

CIMG2080

This one was my favorite…they hung a gorilla from the lights in our room! 

We had two stops:  two days in Cabo San Lucas, and one day in Puerto Vallarta.  Cabo San Lucas was definitely more “tourist friendly”.  Everything was right there once you got on land.  In Puerto Vallarta we had to take about a twenty minute bus ride to get to the shore excursions, but they did have a large flea market right when you got off which was really fun to walk through. 

In Cabo we did the Sail and Snorkel shore excursion.  They had these small tender boats come and get us in the harbor on our ship, then they would take us to shore (sorta like a taxi cab but for water). 

DSCN2622

Getting on the tender boats to go to Cabo!!

DSCN2629

Ready for snorkeling!! They made us wear these blow up things to help us float better!

DSCN2634

This is the rock we went snorkeling around.  There were a TON of fish and the water was really clear!!

R1-01023-008A 

Some scuba divers pushed a school of fish up and right into us!  It was SO COOL!!  They were swimming all around us and there was a lot of them!

R1-01023-006A

Andrew snorkeling….he dove down there pretty far!  Every time I tried to do that I’d end up with water up my nose or mouth!

R1-01023-009A

Some more coolio fish!  I wish I knew what kind they were!!

DSCN2659

After we were done snorkeling they took us on a tour of the area.  This is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula!  Someone said that this spot was filmed in one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. 

DSCN2653 

We’re excited to be at Lover’s Beach…they said this arch is called Lover’s Arch…oh la la

After we were done snorkeling we went shopping around Cabo.  They had some really neat stuff and Andrew was great at bargaining with them…I hate confrontations so I would have just given them their asking price haha.  While we were walking around they had this booth with a baby lion you could hold, so of course Andrew and I had to do it!  I know it’s probably a crock, and the money you donate doesn’t go to the wildlife refuge, but I just couldn’t resist!  It was too darn cute!

DSCN2683

DSCN2687

DSCN2688

Andrew started growling at it playfully and it growled back and bared its teeth and tried to take a swipe at his face (playfully of course haha).  Isn’t it cute?!  I wanted to take it home with me.

DSCN2667

I love this guy so much!!  He is the best husband I could have asked for!  He always puts a smile on my face.  I am so lucky!!

Next we stopped in Puerto Vallarta!! It actually had mountains!  I was not expecting to see that!  In Puerto we did a dolphin swim!!  It was such an AMAZING experience!!!  I didn’t want to get out of the water!  The dolphins were so neat to see and touch!  They let us feed them a fish, ride on their belly’s and dorsal fins, and play with them!  I don’t have any pictures from that yet, but they are coming!!!  I’ll do an entire post about that experience, no worries.  I was in heaven the whole time we were there!  Pure joy.  We also rented a waverunner and took it out on the ocean for a little bit too!

DSCN2696

This sign made us laugh….it’s a cage for parrots and it says “Do not introduce the fingers!”

DSCN2704

This is what Andrew wanted at the flea market, but realized the airplane passengers probably wouldn’t be too fond of him wearing that on the plane haha

DSCN2712

Andrew went up to this band that was playing outside the flea market and they let him start playing with them!! It was so funny to see…Andrew had no idea what he was doing!! 

DSCN2714

Us in Puerto Vallarta!! 

DSCN2616

On the cruise ship!

DSCN2625

On one of the tender boats in Cabo!

DSCN2719

I didn’t want to leave the ship to come back home to the cold weather and school!! It was such a fun honeymoon! I definitely want to go back one day.

2 comments:

  1. Good job getting the pictures on. I'm so glad you had a good time. Makes me want to go somewhere warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should plan a cruise and go together! It would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete