sunset chevron

Saturday, December 8, 2012

New addition to the family

 

Over Thanksgiving we got a new addition to our family!  A kitty!  We have been looking for a kitten for a while now.  But we could never find one in Burns, and when we called the Save a Stray place they were asking us all these questions about why we wanted a cat.  I told them we want one to catch mice in our house and that we really wanted a kitten.  They would not sell me a kitten!  They kept telling us that we don’t want a kitten and that we should get an adult cat.  Well I don’t mean to sound rude, but what the heck?!  We are the customers, so I pretty sure it’s customary to let the buyers do the choosing.  I’m not like a kitten murderer or something.  We just wanted a kitten that would get used to our dog and us. 

We also looked in Bend, Oregon but didn’t find one we liked.  So I got on KSL and looked around Utah for kittens that we could get when we were home for Thanksgiving.  I found one the morning we were driving home to Utah.  They had only two left when I called and said they wouldn’t save one for me, unless I beat the other two people who were coming to look at them later.  So I called Andrew’s mom and asked if she wouldn’t mind going to look at them and picking one up that I liked online.  She called me a little while later and told me she had one!  I was so happy! 

DSC_2761

She is quite feisty and gets really hyper, but she is adorable.  I think she will be a great mouser and hopefully frogger too haha. 

DSC_2762

My mom bought her a scratching post (which she loves!) and told the Petsmart employee that she doesn’t get grandkids, but animals from her kids so she spoils the pets haha is was really funny. 

DSC_2717

She’s slowly getting used to Gus.  We left them in the living room last night together and they didn’t kill each other, so we’re guessing that’s a good sign. 

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to help you get a kitty. She is so cute! Hope Gus gets used to her.

    ReplyDelete