sunset chevron

Saturday, December 8, 2012

1st Year Anniversary

 

I can’t believe one year has gone by already!  It has not seemed like a whole year since Andrew and I got married.  But it has been great and I feel so lucky to be married to my best friend.  For our anniversary Andrew took me to a place in Crane, Oregon called Crystal Crane Hot Springs.  I had never been to a hot springs before so I was really excited!  I was pretty impressed he found something that was within an hour of the ranch in the wintertime. 

hot springs 2

hot springs 9

We first stopped at the Pete French Round Barn by Diamond.  They have this really cool gift shop that I have been dying to go back to (hey, you have to keep yourself entertained out here in little ways!) After we spent some time looking around the gift shop and museum we headed to the hot springs and checked in.  We also went to Burns and had dinner at the little café they have there.  Andrew took me to the quilt shop and let me pick out some fabric to make some table runners too, boo yeah!   

When we went back to the hot springs it was rainy and cold!  So they have these private sauna tubs you can rent, so we rented one of them. 

hot springs 10

I know it’s a cow trough, but it’s so cool!  They are each in these individual sauna rooms which are very warm and then they fill the troughs up with water from the hot springs so it’s really warm…and deep! 

Andrew rented a cabin for us to stay in that night.  All the cabins are different themed, and we got the cowboy themed one.  They even allow pets there so we brought Gus with us.  It was a great anniversary.  I can now say I have swam in a cattle trough too and it was quite luxurious!  ha ha

hot springs

1 comment:

  1. That looks really fun. Can't believe how fast that year went. We are so glad to have you in our family.

    ReplyDelete