sunset chevron

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

It’s not even summer yet!

 

I thought I’d catch up on a few things that have happened around here since Christmas. 

First off, now that the weather has warmed up a little I have been hearing frogs again coming from the drains in my house (blah!).  I am pretty sure they are going to come back with a vengeance since I poured bleach down the drains all winter long trying to kill them off. 

I was also able to go to Monterey Bay, California with my parents, my grandparents, and my brother Brandon for Spring Break.  It was so nice to get away and be in civilization for awhile.  We went to Carmel by the Sea which we haven’t really ever done, but we loved it and I am sure we will be going back there next time we visit. 

We went to the wharf and there was this old piano there (I think it was promoting some musical they had going on) but it seemed all lonely and it was just calling my name so I played a song on the wharf!  I was pretty cool, people even stopped to listen haha.

wharf 3-2013

wharf 4-2013

My cute brother and I at the wharf (yes he is eleven years younger than me and he is taller than me…one of life’s injustices).

Meanwhile back on the Ranch Andrew has been working hard (he wasn’t able to go to the beach with us).  He has been trying to up the fish population and track the sage grouse…but in his spare time we’ve found some fun things to do. 

We went fishing…

DSCN3747

DSCN3752  I would just like to point out how much bigger my fish is than his (also look at the look of disappointment on his face…poor guy)

Alright…Alright…he did eventually catch a huge fish (and as much as I hate to say it I think it was bigger than mine).

DSCN3764

We also found a goose nest on top of a haystack. 

During the winter we went shed hunting

DSCN3713

 

DSCN3717

Poor Andrew he just can’t win haha

Anyways…We’ve been having a great time and can’t wait to see what other fun things we can do once Summer hits and these crazy strong winds stop blowing all the time!!

4 comments:

  1. So jealous of your fishing excursion! You guys are cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. It will be interesting to see if you find frogs everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We enjoy reading about all your adventures! Cute pictures. Hope those dang frogs stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frogs in the drains!? Sounds very exciting. HA! I sure miss you Jenna. Kent is graduating on June 8th. I was thinking the other day that it seems like yesterday we were at your graduationg dinner. How did time go by so quickly! Love You and Miss you. Keep writing we love to hear about everything you are up too! Love YA! Aunt Dana. .

    ReplyDelete